My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?! - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?!

This is a discussion on My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?! within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; I think you might have a good case if your new bike has been used for test rides as distinct from a dealer tech doing ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?!

Member #
    I think you might have a good case if your new bike has been used for test rides as distinct from a dealer tech doing a road test.
    The presumption being that a dealer would be more careful with it than a squid riding someone else's bike.
    '14 MT 09
    Andreanni Cartridge kits
    Nitron Road and Track Shock
    Givi screen
    Renthal McGrath bend Bars.
    V1+YaV1 Licence protector
    Givi Soft bags w/ fabricated mounts.
    SW Motech Quicklock Tankbag.
    Kevxtx O2 Controller.
    Custom Chain Oiler
    El Cheapo Chinese levers.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacecoast View Post
    So what happened?
    Well i asked for an Akrapovic pipe at dealer cost. I thought thats a win win for everyone. He sent me a txt 812.16 for the pipe GEEZ that's not even my usual discount at the same dealer which is 15 percent, for parts. So their basically going to do nothing at this point. I think the damage was done in house. My sales man Lance acted very concerned, but that is his job. I better hit google reviews and fill out the Yamaha survey card.
    Last edited by mxcobra; 04-20-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Member #
    And dealerships wonder why customers don't like dealerships.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    As above. You have, in effect, been cheated out of a new bike....no matter the mileage they have sold you a demo and thus mis-represented the product you have bought. Your consumer affairs dept should be able to help. I would also tell the dealer my intention of writing direct to Yamaha Japan complaining about this issue should he refuse to do exactly as mentioned with no financial loss to you

This is disgusting behaviour and I would not be dealing with him again. Once sorted to your complete satisfaction and, unless he sweetens any deal he is willing to make it right.... name and shame... although he would have to work pretty hard to make me shop through his dealership.

Edit didnt read the last few posts...they are obviously going to try and stick it to you. Write two identical letters addressed to the Yamaha CEO in Japan stating your case and the dealers refusal to rectify this case. Send one to the dealer via registered post adding that this is what you intend to send if he does nothing.

Good luck
    Last edited by Steve H; 04-20-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Member #
    Did you even try to contact a regional manager???

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    As above. You have, in effect, been cheated out of a new bike....no matter the mileage they have sold you a demo and thus mis-represented the product you have bought. Your consumer affairs dept should be able to help. I would also tell the dealer my intention of writing direct to Yamaha Japan complaining about this issue should he refuse to do exactly as mentioned with no financial loss to you

This is disgusting behaviour and I would not be dealing with him again. Once sorted to your complete satisfaction and, unless he sweetens any deal he is willing to make it right.... name and shame... although he would have to work pretty hard to make me shop through his dealership.

Edit didnt read the last few posts...they are obviously going to try and stick it to you. Write two identical letters addressed to the Yamaha CEO in Japan stating your case and the dealers refusal to rectify this case. Send one to the dealer via registered post adding that this is what you intend to send if he does nothing.

Good luck

I think cheated is a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm willing to bet he signed off on that 14 mile odometer reading while doing the paperwork.

Member #
    Err no! cheated is perfectly correct. A bike sold as brand new carrying damage from them letting anyone ride the thing with obviously no care for the machine is cheating the buyer out of a brand new machine. I would bet the mileage will almost certainly been described as the bike being tested if he asked.

No! this little white lie is nothing short of cheating him out of an undamaged brand new bike...now supported by the dealers refusal to reimburse the buyer in any way shape or form and is becoming common practice. I cannot think anyone would condone this sort of shit that many end up having to put up with...as the saying goes...give em an inch and they'll take a yard.
    LouG likes this.

Member #
    As someone who works in a Yamaha dealership, I would lose my job and likely also my sales license (sales licenses are a Western Australian thing) if I;

a) Sold a new bike to a customer and subsequently let other people ride it before the customer picked it up

b) Sold a bike 'as new' to a customer when it had been taken on test rides, and did not disclose this to the customer

Hopefully this works out well for the OP.
    Moto26 and LouG like this.

Member #
    WHS^ All too often many people accept second best service and then others end up complaining when served with the same shit. Time to stand up and be counted methinks....

Benzo you are on PSB yes??

Also I give a plug for dealers when I get good service...Savage Suzuki here in Perth WA have been great to deal with... top notch company and if they can do it so can the others!
    Benzo likes this.

Member #
    Whole story seems fishy to me....

If it actually went down as the OP said, there is no way in hell I would have waited to contact that dealer. I would have been there immediately and you can bet your ass I would have gotten a new oil pan, a replacement exhaust, new fork lowers and probably a extended warranty out of the deal.
    Da Braddah likes this.
    2015 FZ9
    2015 FZ7
    2013 KTM 450xcf Race bike
    2012 KTM 450xcf-w tagged dual sport

40A class Harescramble / Enduro racer. Also private pilot and plane owner and fly for fun on the weekends.
    Live in the Charlotte NC area.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sponsored Links