My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?!

This is a discussion on My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?! within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Originally Posted by MrsZR7 Is anyone having trouble viewing the pics? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I am can't see any. Sent from my ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: My brand new fz 09 2016 came wrecked?!?!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZR7 View Post
    Is anyone having trouble viewing the pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am can't see any.

Member #
    The biggest problem is I had already, cut wires and removed the bug eye blinks and tell section before I seen the damage. I was at 250 miles then now I have almost hit 600. I have only had the bike a few weeks. It does run great.... I sent the dealer a email right away. to document the damage. The sales man had called me back with the news on the test rides! I will get down their Tuesday morning to discuss my options. I guess I would be content with A new oil pan. - Akrapovic exhaust at or below cost, and a full extended warranty just incase that engine was rapped those 14 miles! I would like a brand new bike like I was promised But Im thinking thats out of the question now at this point considering I already modded the bike? BTW the price was 7,800 8,500$ after all the taxes and BS.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto26 View Post
    That's a strange collection of damage. I doubt that it was "wrecked", but it looks to me like it was either ridden over a curb, or dropped somehow. Or possibly, the damage could have occurred when they uncrated it. The bikes are shipped with the front wheel off, and the forks are supported on blocks. If the tech(s) who unloaded it were very sloppy, they could have done all of that damage by dragging out of the crate like gorillas.

On top of not mentioning that the bike was demo'd, this dealership has shown quite a bit of disregard for you as a customer...
    I do believe the scuffs on the forks are from uncreating, The smash on the oil pan and pipe are I belive curb damage

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Ohh 1 more thing I have the survey card from Yamaha, If I am not treated right when I go to settle this. I am going to rip them a new one with the survey card. I don't think Yamaha is going to be to happy when they heer about this one!

Member #
    It's going to be a tough case to prove with 600 miles on the clock and zero documentation prior to 250 miles. Hopefully you can swing something with them because at this point you'd be hard pressed to put a claim in any other way. Yamaha likely doesn't care about those survey cards otherwise half their dealerships would be out of business by now!!!

Entitled Millenial
    =========================================
    '14 Rapid Red
    Graves exhaust, Vcyclenut Flash, K&N air filter
    Andreani Cart's w/ pattonme upgrade, Ohlins YA 335 shock
    Dunlop Q3's, MT-09 Street Rally seat, OES sliders
    eBay Fender elim and LED turn signals, Protaper Carmichael bar

Member #
    Soooooo, in the 350 miles you put on it since noticing the damage, not once did you consider riding back to the dealership so they could visibly see and document the damage?

Member #
    I'd go down to the dealer ready to swing...yell...and generally show that I'm not leaving without a BRAND NEW BIKE.

It's your word against theirs at this point though. I'd hold them to their confession of the demo rides.

Member #
    if you go in hostile, like all of us want to, i don't think this will end well. those guys probably aren't the most honest folks in town. but what i would do is go in and tell them the truth and your concerns...tell em you love the bike, but feel it is tarnished by something you understood wasn't going to happen(others riding it before pickup). fact is, if they'd noticed the scratches before you picked it up i bet they'd touched it up and no one would've ever noticed. oil pan thing though...sheesh...see if you can get a good deal on the aftermarket ya want and go ride the thing!

seen too many hotheads come in over the years and 9 times outta 10 were basically told to get f'd...you come in like a normal human and voice your concerns, they get heard
    Spottedfrog and shamrock like this.

Member #
    Its yours now,once you register it and drive it off the lot its yours
    The dealer can get you a few new parts but someone thrashed the fk out
    of that thing,more than likely the service man

Member #
    With that mileage, the length of time, the mods, and minimal damage no way are you getting a new bike. Won't happen. Don't deal with any sales people...go straight to a manager. Calmly explain the situation, and know what you want. If it was me, I would want a new undamaged exhaust, and compensation....or just compensation. That's the best you will do.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links