Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Has anyone verified if a 2017 FZ09 seat will fit on an older year FZ09?

43K views 114 replies 41 participants last post by  2thdr 
#1 ·
The only reason I ask is the 'new' 2017 comfort seat from Yamaha looks pretty good.

I've tried to compare part numbers for seat, sub frame, latch bracket and latch for the different model years, and I cannot find a USA dealer with the 2017 FZ09 parts fiche. Using the link to an Australian dealer from the forum, I compared the part numbers for my 2015 model with the 2015 MT09, and they were the same worldwide, which would make sense.

So, looking at the relevant part numbers for the 2017 MT09, the first three digits are different than prior years. Yamaha uses the first three digits to designate the model on which that part was first used, so If I were a betting man, I would bet the seats are not interchangeable.

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong. Anyone take his/her older model to a local dealer who has a 2017 FZ09 in stock and tried to swap seats? TIA

#15 ·
check biohazard cycles page for a good price on Corbin seats. I ordered one and waiting for it to be shipped now. Should have it in a week or two

#21 ·
Looking on the Yamaha UK website and comparing accessory seats between the 2016 and 2017 MT-09's.

They show the same part number for the "Flat Seat - Vintage Look P/N: 1RC-247C0-31-00" and the "Flat Seat P/N: 1RC-247C0-41-00" for both 2016 & 2017 bikes.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-09.aspx?view=accessories#/
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/prod...naked/mt-09.aspx?year=2016&view=accessories#/

So the 2017 "Comfort Design Seat P/N: BS2-247C0-00-00" should all previous year MT-09/FZ-09's.

#23 ·
Well I pulled the trigger also! I love the way this seat looks compared to the other sofa like seats. I like that it's still sporty looking yet will be slightly more comfortable and get rid of forward slide.

Reactions: Belleau1977
#33 ·
Well I got confirmation of shipping, should be here Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.