spec out Corbin seat or sell me your corbin
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on spec out Corbin seat or sell me your corbin within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; So I have tried a few seats out so far.... Stock, Seat concepts 2up, Saddleman CF track Gel, and now a Yamaha of Europe Rally ...

Thread: spec out Corbin seat or sell me your corbin

Member #

So I have tried a few seats out so far.... Stock, Seat concepts 2up, Saddleman CF track Gel, and now a Yamaha of Europe Rally tall seat. All were better than stock, and I really like the rally seat on the bike now, but I want to try a Corbin.

Been trying to buy a used Corbin, thinking I could try it and if I don't like it I could resell it for what I got into it.... I found two people on this forum with Corbins that they are willing to sell for 300$ plus shipping, so around 330$ maybe, depending on how they box it and who they ship with. Problem is both have the gunfighter seats and I would prefer the gunfighter with lady just in case I ever ride 2 up. Also I found a site offering new Corbins shipped for 389$. So for another 50 to 60 bucks I can have brand new and order it the way I want it.

So that is my dilemma, How to spec it out.... Being that I would plan to resell it at some point, could be almost immediately if I don't like it, or could be sometime down the line if I ever decide to sell my bike, I would want it to be as resellable as possible. For example my bike is silver so the silver piping would look good, but then if I try to sell it to someone with a yellow bike they may not want the seat cause of the silver piping. I also don't know what materials to use... Seems like they have leather, or alot of vinyl choices. They also have something called gripper and that might be good too, IDK...

Take a look at this site and see how you would " Build " your seat and tell me why you choose to built it that way. Corbin Motorcycle Saddles

I will also use this post as a last ditch effort to see if anyone has a Corbin seat they are willing to sell at a good price because I order a new one, let me know ASAP!

Last thing, probably should be in a different thread, but is there many here who tried some different seats, and ended up with a corbin and still weren't happy? In other words is the Corbin still going to be a uncomfortable seat?
    2015 FZ9
    2015 FZ7
    2013 KTM 450xcf Race bike
    2012 KTM 450xcf-w tagged dual sport

40A class Harescramble / Enduro racer. Also private pilot and plane owner and fly for fun on the weekends.
    Live in the Charlotte NC area.

Member #
    Figured I would get at least a reply or two to my post.... nothing but crickets....
    2015 FZ9
    2015 FZ7
    2013 KTM 450xcf Race bike
    2012 KTM 450xcf-w tagged dual sport

40A class Harescramble / Enduro racer. Also private pilot and plane owner and fly for fun on the weekends.
    Live in the Charlotte NC area.

Member #
    I have had Corbins on several bikes thru the years, and I would say there are three things to remember: they are heavy-because of the fiberglass base they use, they are hard-very supportive for riders 250# plus, marginal for riders 200# or less, and they are slippery. (I have not tried their gripper material.)
    Having said that, my Concours C10 has a Corbin on which I have put almost 100k miles-it just fits me. the support is great with no hot spots. I did have it re-covered locally so it wasn't so slippery. IMO their seats have evolved into a more cruiser-ish look that doesn't look good on the FZ09.
    Larry aka CharlieDog
    Bristol, TN

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    i put a corbin on my 929, waste of $400, geesh, was unrideable for me, sold bike and seat a week later,went to Ninja 650, loveddddd it, now the FZ 09 is sitting in a snow covered building calling my name,but i'd never buy another Corbin, that was my experiance at least...Attachment 74065Name:  2000 929 with corbin.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  79.9 KB

Sponsored Links