Help with this problem. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Help with this problem.

This is a discussion on Help with this problem. within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Had the same type of problems on a friend's Honda a year or so ago. The bike would bog, die and act all kinds of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Help with this problem.

Member #
    Had the same type of problems on a friend's Honda a year or so ago. The bike would bog, die and act all kinds of messed up. I found the negative terminal bolt had come undone from the battery and the cables were only making partial contact. It ran like new after fixing it.

Member #
    It was the battery, the negative terminal somehow became loose, inside the battery. New battery in, and smooth sailing again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Does anyone else think the little yellow triangles on the cars mirrors are cool when they light up for you?

Member #
    Great to hear you found the problem and fixed it, and thanks for reporting back on it.
    shamrock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Good job man, kudos

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 405 South View Post
    Think I may have found it. Bad battery terminal. It wiggles. I found it when I plugged in my battery tender and something was making an audible high frequency noise from the battery when on the charger. I shook the cables and the battery terminal moved with the cables, but the battery didn't move. I guess I need a new battery.

Have you cleaned the battery terminals and cables with a wire brush and tighten the terminals?
    CMSP/MTC and Total Control IRC and ARC instructor and MSF Ridercoach
    2014 FZ-09: received 9/24/13, Traxxion Dynamics AT20 fork cartridges, Penske shock, R1/R6 master cylinder, SSL lines, custom tail, T-rex frame sliders and case protectors, ThrottleMeister handlebar end weights, G2 Throttle tamer, ECU reflashed by Ivan, custom tank protectors, mirrors with turnsignals built-in, Renthal 828 handlebar, ErMax 25cm screen and ErMax radiator shrouds, raised Sargent seat.

Member #
    Just occurred to me that you may want to check your seat clearance to battery terminals. Unintentional contacts or hits while riding could have caused the battery damage.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Just occurred to me that you may want to check your seat clearance to battery terminals. Unintentional contacts or hits while riding could have caused the battery damage.
    Good idea to check the clearance, I am using a different seat than stock. But I shouldn't take that for granted. I have a German Yamaha mt09 comfort seat that the previous owner installed.

It passed the silly putty test. Greater than a half inch. I guess all batteries will eventually die, this one seemed to go in a strange way. The terminal looked clean, just was loose where it went into the batteries innards.

Does anyone else think the little yellow triangles on the cars mirrors are cool when they light up for you?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    Have you cleaned the battery terminals and cables with a wire brush and tighten the terminals?
    If I understand it correctly, it was an internal problem with the battery rather than a loose terminal/cable connection.
    Desert Rat likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links