Picked up a 2016 FZ09, but it needs some new parts
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Picked up a 2016 FZ09, but it needs some new parts within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; This past weekend I picked a used 2016 FZ09 with 1200 miles, but it痴 been down on the left side. I知 coming off of a ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Picked up a 2016 FZ09, but it needs some new parts

Member #

This past weekend I picked a used 2016 FZ09 with 1200 miles, but it痴 been down on the left side. I知 coming off of a 2007 GSXR-750, which I sold a few years back. I got a hell of deal (or at least I think so), $4800. It should only need about $800 to get it back to new.

But, I知 having issues cracking the code on the parts fiche. Specifically for the colors, I知 needing to replace the tank and shroud. I知 hoping someone has experience with this. I知 looking forward to some awesome spring riding!!

Here it is-

Member #
    Ebay is your friend! BTW Welcome. I've had about 10 different bikes ranging in engine sizes from 600cc to 1400cc. I have a 14 FZ09, and yes they are sold pretty bare bones; but dam she is a fun little bike. First bike I ever decided to buy new and so far is the longest owning bike I have had. Only one I have modded this much too.

The tank is obviously pretty easy, buy, change tubing, slap on. The Intakes are actually Faux and are used to cover bolts and fuse boxes, they should be relatively inexpensive. The decals can be replaced easily, and you can buy some that aren't even made by Yamaha but IMO look better. Alternatively you can buy some that are exact replica's and slap on there too.

If it was me I could shrug off the fly screen replacement since its very minimal, stock signals are also stupid cheap. If you have the funds though, I have Motogadget M-Blaze Ice signals that are insanely bright and have 180 visibility arc (made in Germany).

The bike below is mine, list of mods in the signature. If you have any questions just PM me.

Ride it like the repo man is coming!

2014 Blazin' Orange,
    Full Arrow Exhaust, Harsay Flash, Ohlin's Rear Shock, Ohlin's Fork Springs/ 10wt Oil
    Moto Gadget M-Blaze Ice Signals, Fender Eliminator, Puig Flyscreen, Sergant Seat.
    Rizoma Tail Light

Member #
    Live with its character. Love the patina. That, or throw money at a bike with a depleting value ticking away at it no matter how you look at it. About cracking code, you'll have to either look at the frame numbers, a riveted plate someplace (if applies), a sticker (if applies) with those codes written somewhere; or even on an inner body panel having some letters cast in it. And if no joy there, then most likely the dealer has the codes cracked at the front of the fiche; which you may not see online looking up OEM parts.

Where your money should go is replacing bent front end parts. Bike ride down the road with the handlebars twisted off center a little?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm looking at aftermarket turn signals, but haven't pulled the trigger. The front end and triple clamps are all straight, bars are good too. It was a low speed impact and the case cover and tank/shroud too the blunt of the impact.

I'm going to spend the money and get it back to new. It'll give me something to do over the winter.

I got the right fiche for the bike, which is a FZ09GB, but there's two paint codes SMX an UDR (or something similar). One says metallic black and the other I don't know.

Member #
    welcome to madness...partsfish.com has some really good prices on replacement parts, shipping can be a little high and however still probably cheaper than ordering from your local Yamaha dealer.

is the tank dented or just has road rash? if not, maybe look into having it repainted, but that may cost just as much new or keep it as a back up. look also on ebay for the fake air scoop. if it isn't cracked, do wet sanding on the panel and repaint with Krylon Fushion plastic paint. if you decide not to go with that and just replace it, I'd like to buy it from you. either way, good luck and post pics up when she's all back to normal.

Member #
    Welcome to the club! Be wary about anything Catch22 tells you!
    520FZ09 likes this.

Member #
    Over the summer I bought a black tank to do a color change on mine and I used Color Black Metallic X ( SMX / 0903 ) from Bike Bandit. Part number 4210370. They were running a sale and it cost $388 shipped. Good luck.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fzmax View Post
    Over the summer I bought a black tank to do a color change on mine and I used Color Black Metallic X ( SMX / 0903 ) from Bike Bandit. Part number 4210370. They were running a sale and it cost $388 shipped. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info.

My tank is black, but not metallic. So you get two paint options and if they don't match do you paint it yourself?

I'll have to see what a paint job costs I guess.

Member #
    I would love to hear the diff. from 750 Gsx-R.
    Also, how is the reliability of Gsx-r 750 in specific, compared to Yamahs(if you/anyone owned enough to shed some light).
    Welcome to the forum, congratulations, and ride safe.
    Thanks.

Member #
    If you decide you want the stock signals lmk....I'll send you mine....You can have them....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links