Possibly purchasing a new FZ09 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Possibly purchasing a new FZ09

This is a discussion on Possibly purchasing a new FZ09 within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; I am 5'11 I bought my fz09 in July, everyone is arguing about the suspension, I had no problem with it. Of course you can ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Possibly purchasing a new FZ09

Member #
    I am 5'11 I bought my fz09 in July, everyone is arguing about the suspension, I had no problem with it. Of course you can always upgrade your bike, but the price comes with it!

Member #
    Thanks for all of the helpful feedback everyone! Hopefully I'll be posting on here a lot more with a new bike soon. I think the street triple would be a badass bike to have. Unfortunately there isn't a triumph dealership anywhere near me. I do have a very nice Yamaha/KTM/Kawasaki/Honda dealership nearby though.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Kind of hard to buy a Triumph with a screen name of Yamaholic...I'm just sayin'
    2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Current

2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold
    1996 Honda CBR 600F3 - Sold
    1985 Honda VF700F - Sold

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Far be it from me to tell someone to run out and drop a load of dosh, but...by all means run, don't walk, to the dealer and buy that thing.

Jen
    Member #
    This has been the best bike I have owned. You won't regret it.
    2014 FZ-09 Graphite
    2015 Yamaha R3
    2016 Kawasaki ZX6R
    2006 Harley XL1200L (sold)
    + lots of cars ('86 Grand National, '78 Trans Am, '86 Vette, '10 R/T Challenger, '16 Corvette Z51 3LT, '16 WRX...etc...it's a sickness)

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by samu327 View Post
    I am 5'11 I bought my fz09 in July, everyone is arguing about the suspension, I had no problem with it. Of course you can always upgrade your bike, but the price comes with it!
    The suspension doesn't really care about your height, but it does care about your weight. I'm about 190 geared up and for me the stock suspension was horrible.It was too under sprung and too under damped for any type of spirited riding. A 140lb rider would probably be fine though.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Member #
    Trust us all, buy the fz, enjoy the hell out of it, it's a blast. Upgrade parts when your a abilities and wallet catch up.

Did I say enjoy it?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
    The suspension doesn't really care about your height, but it does care about your weight. I'm about 190 geared up and for me the stock suspension was horrible.It was too under sprung and too under damped for any type of spirited riding. A 140lb rider would probably be fine though.
    I wonder if some were bad from the factory. 220ish geared up and the suspension leaves something to be desired when riding hard but I was expecting so much worse from comments like yours. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbales View Post
    I wonder if some were bad from the factory. 220ish geared up and the suspension leaves something to be desired when riding hard but I was expecting so much worse from comments like yours. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe after 2014 yamaha stiffened the suspension up. But I don't think I'm wrong in saying that it's still a budget bike with a budget suspension. I think a lot of people are tired of trying to tell people on here the difference is like night and day. I have ohlin's / andreani suspension and I can only imagine what a penske suspension feels like! Personally I like the guys with deep pockets on here because they prove out what works and what doesn't and share their information freely.

Member #
    I also agree re the suspension...coming from Hayabusa's, (2) I found the suspension to be adequate...set at the hardest on the rear and two rings up from the same at the front country riding was fine...as long as you dont push it...I'm76 kilo's whatever that is in pounds...150?? I found wind buffeting o be the biggest problem...although you can 'chin' the tank to reduce it.
    Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links