Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

TST Industries - Integrated Tail Light

9K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  Crossbar1773 
#1 ·
Curious if anyone has installed and your opinion. Thanks.

#2 ·
I ordered it. It will be at my home tomorrow.

But.....

My wife will not let me have it till December 25. Something about Christmas, Damnit.

#9 ·
I see what you mean. However, I do like how it comes out a bit and takes away the "stubby" tail look (which I personally don't care for). Ordered it today with the relay. Couldn't wait so paid the extra $22 for overnight delivery. Like the others, wifey wanted me to wait for xmas but I can't.

Thanks for the input.

#7 ·
Personally didn't like Rizoma tail lights since there was no integration with the turn signals and the stock taillight just looked shitty overall so that's why I went for TST. I find that the pointed end kinda finishes off the rear of the bike and I definitely love the way the outside LEDs glow and the inside lights up when you hit the brake. Installation is a breeze especially with their online videos. I've gotten compliments for sure on it.

The only cons are that the recession of the center part of the light is subject to stagnant water when washing the bike (gotta get a microfiber wedged in there to get the water out) and since the turn signal LEDs are so close to each other, sometimes it might be hard to distinguish which side is flashing from a distance but that is definitely subjective. Once you roll up to the bike, it's obvious which side is flashing.

#8 ·
#14 ·
#16 ·
I was so excited when my TST integ tail light arrived, I installed it right away, in my driveway at 1030 pm, with a headlamp on....it was that easy. Build quality is top notch, and it looks much cleaner than stock.
Riding buddies say it looks great, nice a bright.
One gripe - while braking and indicating at the same time the yellow seems to get washed out. Other than the colour of the light changing, the two colours are the same brightness making it difficult to distinguish between the two until up close. A riding buddy has a integrated tail on his monster and I find the same characteristic it night just be the nature of the beast. Obviously the priority is to warn those travelling behind that you are slowing or stopped which there is no mistaking once the brake light is activated, it is plenty bright.

#20 ·
That's my main beef with integrated lights and I think it's a safety issue. I personally would never use them (that's just me) but it does look very good. I have a Motodynamic Tail light on mine but it only serves as the brake light. Does the TST light pulse when you first hit the brake?

#17 · (Edited)
#24 ·
I am excited I get mine in three days........waiting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.