Seat Concepts most comfortable option?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Seat Concepts most comfortable option? within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; It seems like the best option as far as price goes, is to go with seat concepts. Now I'm just trying to figure out from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seat Concepts most comfortable option?

Member #

It seems like the best option as far as price goes, is to go with seat concepts. Now I'm just trying to figure out from your guy's experience, which seat gets rid of the slope the best and allows you to sit back into a wider/softer area.

The wider/more comfortable area of the stock seat is sloped so much that your butt gets rubbed raw from trying to slide forward, and if you sit forward on the seat, it is skinny and stiff like a dirtbike seat. I know you guys all say that it will vary by the person's opinion, but based on what I said I'm looking for, what do you recommend? I just don't have 400 dollars to spend on a really expensive seat!

Member #
    I have a SC seat. I called SC got the "slick" texture version, especially on top so I could slide around for the sweepers. I haven't felt any pressure pushing me forward toward the gas tank. You can call SC and get a version customized for your needs. It's not a Corbin or any of the other "high-enders" but it suits me fine.
    Wisdom tain't free, We pay for it with Pain

long ago: Cushman Eagle, Yamahas: Scrambler, RT-1, TT-R; Husky's: 450, 360WR, 430WR;
    Current era: WR250R, HD FLHPI, FZ09 ( RG Sliders, Vario Screen,
    Yamaha bags/rack, Task Grip Heaters, Ram GPS mount, 1st Gear Heatroller
    Acerbis hand guards/Silicon Grips, ZX6RR shock, Mag drain plug, Racetech Springs and damping kit
    Factory 2015 ECU Flash, New SC Seat with non-grip surface, Michelin RP4's

Member #
    Seat Concepts Rally Tall, Grippy Version... Yes its the best... dont listen to CRFan1 he's not right in the head (or the ass)
    Lee
    CRFan1 and jim.brookins.7 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I installed the regular SC seat with the slick vinyl and hated it. Better than stock but still had a slight tilt towards the tank and the slick material is awful on a bike with a lot of torque like the FZ09. I bought a Street Rally from another member here and it's awesome. It's flat with no "bucket" that forces you into a particular spot so you can sit at whatever place is most naturally comfortable for your arm length. A couple days after buying it I headed out on a week long trip of 300-350 mile days and it was perfectly comfortable. The SC Rally Tall looks like a similar shape so that's what I'd suggest if you can't find a Street Rally. And whatever seat you choose I'd suggest getting the gripper material. The slick stuff is like sitting on teflon.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    There is a Rally Tall for sale in the FS section
    FS: Seat Concepts Rally Tall Seat
    motokid837 likes this.
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RLRoss3 View Post
    Seat Concepts Rally Tall, Grippy Version... Yes its the best... dont listen to CRFan1 he's not right in the head (or the ass)
    Lee
    LMAO! Yes, you are right, I like my Sargent better, lolol. Although in fairness I love the Seat Concepts seat on my WR250R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshairs View Post
    There is a Rally Tall for sale in the FS section
    FS: Seat Concepts Rally Tall Seat
    Thanks for pointing that out to me! Sometimes it is hard to find for sale posts as they get buried.
    Crosshairs likes this.

Member #
    I just got a custom seat made by Terry Adcox. Can;t beat it for $250. The seat he made me is extremely comfortable, while still looks good. I would definitely check into having him make you a seat. This is the only picture I have of mine, but if you want more let me know. terryscustomseatsSeat Concepts most comfortable option?-img_3701-1.jpg

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    I bought a Seat Concepts seat off e-bay from a guy who sold his FZ09 over the weekend. Just put 15 miles on it thus far, but it is a significant improvement over the stocker. Most, if not all, of the forward slide is gone.

Mine is the standard version on their pan with the gripper material. When it gets a little warmer I'll get more time on it, but so far it's great.

One thing I did notice is that their pan does not have the slots on the underside for the screw driver and hex key. They fit in the tool bag, but strange that they are not there though...
    2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Current

2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold
    1996 Honda CBR 600F3 - Sold
    1985 Honda VF700F - Sold

Member #
    I have the 2up with the carbon fiber texture. I have no problem sliding forward. But I also like to slide off to the side in a corner. If you get the cf material don't clean it with anything that would make it more slippery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links