Something to Keep In Mind......
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Something to Keep In Mind...... within the FZ-09 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; As there are starting to be a lot of different choices for aftermarket parts....exhaust, suspension, frame sliders, tank pads, etc, etc., something to keep in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Something to Keep In Mind......

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap

As there are starting to be a lot of different choices for aftermarket parts....exhaust, suspension, frame sliders, tank pads, etc, etc., something to keep in mind is that we do have sponsored vendors on here that provide some of the products mentioned. I'm not trying to tell anyone that they should only buy from one of the sponsors, only you know what your financial situations is and what you can afford and what you can't afford. All I'm saying is that if it is a matter of a few bucks, please consider spending it with someone that helps promote this site. I know that some/all of our vendors have worked their A$$es off with trying to provide stuff for the new FZ09....and in most cases, stuff that didn't even exist before they went to work on it. Think about the hours of product developement and the personal level of customer service that come with working with one of the site sponsors. Do they profit from this, I'm sure they do or they couldn't continue doing what they do. Everyone that is in a business has to make money or they cease to be in business but, remember the level of customer service that you receive from these guys vs. the big companies and please consider doing business with our site sponsors if you can.

Again, I'm NOT trying to tell anyone how and where to spend their money, just keep in mind the things I've mentioned above and do what works for you personally............and NO, none of the Vendors asked me to post this, I just thought it would be a good thing for everyone, including myself to read.
    Last edited by triplethreat; 01-25-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    I completely agree with you Vern. You already touched on this, but to add just a bit of my opinion. Something to really look at with a product is the actual effort put into developing it. Being a new bike, there are lots of "new" unique products coming out. And following them, will be lots of imitations and copies.... Some of them are so obvious they even look exactly the same. Personally, if I'm buying a product I like to try to support the company/vendor that pioneered it in the first place.
    v2Bob likes this.

Member #
    Besides imitations some products will be quickly adapted for the 09 from other bikes but not optimized for the 09. The vendors here own & ride an 09, put the testing time etc in to refine their products.
    beck likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well put - thank you for posting this, Vern. One of things I love about this particular forum is the close-knit community that has developed. Owners will come and go as the bike ages, but the community will endure. Personally, I'm pleased to be part of it all.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoltec Moto View Post
    Well put - thank you for posting this, Vern. One of things I love about this particular forum is the close-knit community that has developed. Owners will come and go as the bike ages, but the community will endure. Personally, I'm pleased to be part of it all.
    Must so you know my goal is to have everything you have put out so far eventually, my ECU is supposed to be there Monday!
    Graphite #108 "EARL" 16k Miles Still Going Strong
    Mods: Satin black paint, ZX-10 Shock, Fork Replacement Springs, CREE L.E.D. Headlamp, bullet LED turn signals with front and rear turn signal running lights, Custom LED Brake modulator, Seat Concepts Seat, Tech Spec Tank Grips and tank protector, Pro Taper handlebars(black) Stoltec ECU , OES fork sliders & swing arm sliders, Mad Hornet Gold levers, MRA double bubble, speigler lines, barkbuster s1's, PR4 shoes, Oxford Heated Grips.
    2015 BMW R1200GS BAMF Beemer
    Features and Additions: Cruise, Ride Modes(Suspension, Throttle Response, wheelie control, TC, ABS), Adjustable Wind Screen, Skid Plate, Engine Crash Bars, Expandable Side bags, Integrated GPS, Keyless Ride. Basically an offroad capable, touring, sportbike. But the FZ is still special, so if I can keep it I will.

Member #
    I think one of the big bonuses of joining a community like this is the huge amount of input the members can provide. The extra bonus is members like our supporting vendors actually creating/providing solutions that we want and that can actually improve our riding experience. I for one am glad they are here. Even if we fall short with our available cash and have to wait on wanted upgrades, they are always willing to share their expertise and advice to help us along... no purchase necessary. Many thanks to them! Their effort helps push the evolution of this machine beyond the factory specs and into the specific needs of each rider. Big thanks to our vendors... the difference you make cannot be measured by simple sales numbers... it is always so much more.
    From the land of chain saws and dump trucks...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    Very well stated ^^^^^^
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    Thanks Vern. As time goes by this forum as built itself with a great group of member and becoming the main FZ-09 house for reference. Glad & proud to be here and bringing something to the table.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    1962siia88, edgyver and srech77 like this.

Member #
    Also, all of our beloved vendors provide products that are substantially designed and manufactured in the USA.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    '14 Liquid Graphite FZ-09 #112....RIP 4/16/14
    '02 YZF-600R -SOLD-
    Yamaha 650 Maxim -1st Bike, RIP-

help me on my road to recovery: LehighLuke involved in near fatal motorcycle accident

www.lucastechnical.com
    www.beadbuster.com

Member #
    I looked here for a list with all the sponsors.
    I could not find it.
    Where do I have to take a look?
    We should support our MT family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links