Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07 in the works?

This is a discussion on Yamaha FZ-07 in the works? within the FZ-07 Forum forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-07 category; If they put an 07 (or even an 09) out as a faired sport bike in the US, I don't think you could keep them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Yamaha FZ-07 in the works?

Member #
    If they put an 07 (or even an 09) out as a faired sport bike in the US, I don't think you could keep them on the showroom floor.

I like the naked 09 just fine ;my knees will only last about 45 minutes on a sportbike these days.
    ktk_ace likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpthing Old View Post
    After having my 09 for 700 miles, I think it's safe to say that it's a very easy bike to ride. Particularly in B mode, it's very progressive and easy to control. If you want to be super cautious, you could always impose an artificial redline of about 7000 rpm on yourself until you feel more comfortable. Particularly on the highway, the great torque of the 09 makes it feel very secure, with immediate top-gear roll-on power that can get you away from clueless cars without so much as a downshift.

If a 700 is all you are really ever going to want or need, that's great. But if you are thinking of a 700 as a short-term stepping stone to an 09, I'd say just skip the 700 and go straight to the 09. That would save you the cost, trouble and depreciation of two separate purchases.
    I am not concerned about the power. My cbr250 is not my first bike. I have had bigger bikes and have excellent self control. A 600-750 won't be just a stepping stone, I have the 250 so my wife could ride but now that desire has passed so I want something with a little more go for everyday commuting and two up riding and I just don't think a cb500 is going to give me enough of what I want. I want decent power with good gas mileage and reasonable insurance. If I didn't care about mpg I would get the 09 or a z1000. I know the 09 isn't bad but I tend to be heavy handed at times.

Member #
    e30kawi, sounds like one of the 650 twins would be good for you.

Member #
    If yamaha brings the 07 or if honda brings the cb650's over I am sold. They seem to be right in the sweet spot for what I am looking for in a bike specs wise as well as looks. Here's hoping!

Member #

Member #
    I was surprised today by an email from Yamaha. I had sent an inquiry about the FZ-07, and encouraged them to bring it to the United States.

Their email said, "Thank you for your input."

Shit.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links