Honda Riding Assist - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Honda Riding Assist

This is a discussion on Honda Riding Assist within the Other Bikes forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; The thing that I think makes it unappealing is that curved rear fender, but I guess Honda has to keep the rebel look on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Honda Riding Assist

Member #
    The thing that I think makes it unappealing is that curved rear fender, but I guess Honda has to keep the rebel look on the rebel. Otherwise its a new model.
    2015 FZ-09 - current bike
    2013 KLR 650 - Sold
    1978 KZ 400 - Purple Rain - Sold
    2010 Hyosung gt250 - Sold
    And many off road bikes and 4 wheelers in earlier years

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_MTN_FZ09 View Post
    I must apologize, I forgot Honda has two a new bike for 2017, the Honda Rebel 300 & Rebel 500.

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/cruiser/rebel_500

Attachment 67721

Seeing one in person and I have to say..... WTF? It's actually kind of ugly, what is Honda thinking. My first thought was, "They took a CB500F and turned into an ugly cruiser?" lol.
    And that's all they pretty much did....ugh....

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    It's funny, I have pointed out this Honda Riding Assist to other riders at work. Every single one of them says "What The Hell???" (the clean version).

Then when I point out how the front wheel turns to keep balance, and the handle bars don't move, then it's "Hell No!" lol

Stopped at a set of light with the Riding Assist active, and a car comes flying up behind you. I can't see it being so great if you have to make a sudden emergency manoeuvre to avoid being rear ended.
    Ride to work, work to ride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Honda strikes again, and I have to ask "What are they thinking???"

With Tigershark's new TigerXCX and Hawkerjets's new KTM Adventure, I was thinking if I were to get a big adventure bike what would it be? My first thought was maybe a new Africa Twin, since the local KTM and Triumph dealers are not all that great around here. So I popped on the Honda Canada website to see what an Africa Twin is going for these days, and my reaction was "WTF?"

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/model/ad...fricatwin/2016

A new 2017 Africa Twin STD (non DCT) is set at an MSRP of $15,099 CDN, when a 2016 was only $13,999, so what changed to make a $1,100 increase? So I did a quick search and found this.

2017 Honda Africa Twin Review of Specs / Changes | Adventure Motorcycle / Bike News from EICMA 2016 | Honda-Pro Kevin

2017 Honda Africa Twin Changes / Updates: New Candy Prominence Red color and EURO4 compliance for 2017. Due to the stringent EURO4 requirements, the allowable limits for exhaust tailpipe pollutants such as carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrous oxide specified by EURO4 are approximately half of those for EURO3. Honda didn’t change their horsepower rating for the 2017 Africa Twin VS the 2016 Africa Twin so it would seem those changes corking up the exhaust didn’t affect it too much to where it’s noticeable on paper or via our oh-so-accurate butt dynos.

So for $1,100 more I get a different colour and I get to help pay for the EURO4 emissions changes???

All I can say is WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE! Honda is official suffering from a brain injury do to hitting there head on there own stupidity or a lack of oxygen in the marketing department. 2016 to 2017 FZ-09, price increase? yes, but you now get ABS, traction control, and some new body styling. To increae the price and get nothing new, is a joke. If anyone buying a Honda doesn't complain about spending more to get nothing more, thay are just as crazy as Honda is.
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links