Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

FS: Re-threaded Oil Pan off '14 FZ-09

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Spacecoast 
#1 ·
So after doing a real nice re-threading job on my stripped oil pan drain bolt hole, I made the decision to go ahead and order a whole new pan. I figure I'd offer this one up for sale for someone that might have cracked their pan, or stripped their drain plug hole, and doesn't want to mess around with tapping, the hole, cleanup, etc. It was tapped to an M16 x 1.5 thread size, and I have the matching taper tipped oil drain plug that will come with it. Pics are below. As you can see the threads came out perfectly and the plug screws in just as you would expect. The pan is thoroughly cleaned and awaiting install on a bike. Has 1,900 miles on it and is in excellent condition, no dings, dents or other damage. Price is $60 shipped.

Nut Photography Household hardware Hardware accessory Metal
Auto part Metal

See less See more
#3 ·
Thats a good price and those threads look perfect from here...but now that I see the inside of that pan, I can see why people are stripping them so easily....that's a real crap design they got there.

Gee, lets remove a nice portion of the surface area on the threaded boss, so that all of the oil can drain out ...what could possibly go wrong?

No wonder people are pulling the threads out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.