Dobek EJK for a 2017 or Power commander?
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Dobek EJK for a 2017 or Power commander? within the FZ-09 Performance & Suspension forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; Hey guys, just bought a 2017 FZ 09. I want to install an aftermarket exhaust right away. Looking for a fuel controller to go in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Dobek EJK for a 2017 or Power commander?

Member #

Hey guys, just bought a 2017 FZ 09. I want to install an aftermarket exhaust right away. Looking for a fuel controller to go in addition to an exhaust so the bike doesn't run lean. Talked to power commander and they don't have any maps yet for the 2017, would 2016 maps work on a 2017 or no? Another option is the Dobek EJK, anyone use this and did it work well for you? I am happy with everything else on the bike, just want to ensure proper fueling so I don't think a ECU flash is necessary. Also I want to be able to easily return to stock without having to mail in my ECU ( I live in northern Canada )
    Thanks for any help

Member #
    If you're looking at PCV I'd get the auto tune with till PC gets a map for the new FZ09

Member #
    I'd get the auto tune kit with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Have you looked at/talked to the board vendors? I personally consider the EJK to be decidedly 'meh' compared to a proper re-flash, of which there are at least 3 well known solutions. PC-v has been around a very long time and there is broad support for it at local tuner shops. If you've picked your exhaust solution reach out to vCyclenut and FuelMoto for input.

Member #
    I would do the flash tune kit before either of them , and not just because I sell them,

if you get the active tube kit with it, you can make a great fuel map as well as get all the benefits of flashing

their website is weird so I cant give you a direct link to the products but you can find them here

https://ftecu.com/

if you decide to go that way I can save you significantly from msrp
    please visit vcyclenut.com

Member #
    There's plenty of good tune made for about any exhaust out there now, not like the early days where everything had to be done from scratch. You'll get more HP out of the flash with tune for your exhaust than a piggyback tuner alone. I think you can get a better deal if you get your exhaust/flash at the same time too... just saying.

Autotune is good but it takes time to get it right... and still! Much cheaper to buy expertise and enjoy riding!
    vcyclenut likes this.

Member #
    Thanks a lot for all the input guys, great information. A lot to think about! Vcyclenut I am going to send you a PM

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck12 View Post
    Hey guys, just bought a 2017 FZ 09. I want to install an aftermarket exhaust right away. Looking for a fuel controller to go in addition to an exhaust so the bike doesn't run lean. Talked to power commander and they don't have any maps yet for the 2017, would 2016 maps work on a 2017 or no? Another option is the Dobek EJK, anyone use this and did it work well for you? I am happy with everything else on the bike, just want to ensure proper fueling so I don't think a ECU flash is necessary. Also I want to be able to easily return to stock without having to mail in my ECU ( I live in northern Canada )
    Thanks for any help
    The 14-16 and 2017 Power Commander maps are different, for the time being if you go the PC-V route you will either need to add the Auto Tune kit or have a custom dyno, tune done. We will have our 2017 FZ09 bike in a few weeks, we'll develop our PC-V maps and we'll also build some maps for Dynojet to distribute as well. Another option as already noted is an ECU flash, we offer this service as well with same day turnaround. If you feel our products or services may be a good fit you are welcome to visit our website of contact us at 920-423-3309
    Jamie Long - Fuel Moto USA
    info@fuelmotousa.com
    www.fuelmotousa.com
    920-423-3309

Member #
    Great news to hear you will soon be working on PCV maps for the 2017! I am now deciding whether to wait for that or go with a flash. If I install an aftermarket exhaust and run it for a short period of time before I get either a flash or PCV, how bad would this be for the bikes engine? If for example I ran the bike for a month or two lean with an aftermarket exhaust would this be very bad for the bike or is it ok short term?
    Thanks a lot for all your help!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck12 View Post
    Great news to hear you will soon be working on PCV maps for the 2017! I am now deciding whether to wait for that or go with a flash. If I install an aftermarket exhaust and run it for a short period of time before I get either a flash or PCV, how bad would this be for the bikes engine? If for example I ran the bike for a month or two lean with an aftermarket exhaust would this be very bad for the bike or is it ok short term?
    Thanks a lot for all your help!
    Note the PC-V harness needs to be changed slightly for the 2017 FZ09, they will be available the later part of July. If you change exhaust generally speaking you can get by for the time being, however a proper tune will be necessary for optimal running & performance.
    Jamie Long - Fuel Moto USA
    info@fuelmotousa.com
    www.fuelmotousa.com
    920-423-3309

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links