Can't decide on action camera model or brand - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Can't decide on action camera model or brand

This is a discussion on Can't decide on action camera model or brand within the FZ-09 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; Anyone try Sena 10C? Attachment 101513 Instead of having a camera and commo separately, it would be nice to have both combined in a single ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can't decide on action camera model or brand

Member #
    Anyone try Sena 10C? Attachment 101513

Instead of having a camera and commo separately, it would be nice to have both combined in a single unit. Many people complain of short battery life but connecting a usb battery charger would provide more than 3 hours of recording.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_py View Post
    I would say the FDRX3000 is the best with it's optical stabilization at 4k 30fps. No other action cams have it. Makes your video's look like you're using a gimbal. All others have electronic stabilization (doesn't work as well, especially at night).

If you value 4k 60fps though, the latest from YI might be the ticket for you (no optical stabilization though, just electronic).

If you decide to stick with gopros hero5, they're 350 right now in best buy. The Yi is 340, the Sony fluctuates from 350-400 frequently (so just wait for it to drop to 350).

Here's some comparison videos i did recently:

The Sony looks superior!
    Any way to use the go pro attachments with it? Can get a bunch of attachments for go pro under 25$ on Amazon.
    And how long does your memory card/ battery last on Sony?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Member #
    It is expensive. 430 with everything needed

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MC357 View Post
    The Sony looks superior!
    Any way to use the go pro attachments with it? Can get a bunch of attachments for go pro under 25$ on Amazon.
    And how long does your memory card/ battery last on Sony?

Yeap the gopro mounts and attachments work, just have to buy a $5.00 adapter (it uses the screw type attachment you find in cameras).
    WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Member #
    Decided on a Sony fdr_x3000
    I watched those videos and the picture and audio seem better to me.
    Looks like they attach to helmet mount with a sticky tape has anyone ever had this tape fail?
    And is there a truck to keep the lens safe from scratches. Maybe cut a piece of a glass protector for a phone?

Member #
    Decided on a Sony fdr_x3000
    I watched those videos and the picture and audio seem better to me.
    Looks like they attach to helmet mount with a sticky tape has anyone ever had this tape fail?
    And is there a truck to keep the lens safe from scratches. Maybe cut a piece of a glass protector for a phone?

I've been using them since I started riding (about 5 years ago), not 1 have failed so far. Hope I didn't just jinx myself lol.

As for protecting the screen, you can always use the waterproof case. Or you could also use this one:

https://www.adorama.com/soakamcp1.ht...FUVhfgodLy4GnA
    MC357 likes this.
    WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Member #
    Yeap the gopro mounts and attachments work, just have to buy a $5.00 adapter (it uses the screw type attachment you find in cameras).
    Do you know the name of the adapter I need to use go pro accessories? I want to helmet mount my Sony fdr 3000
    Thank you.

cnk
    Member #
    Do you know the name of the adapter I need to use go pro accessories? I want to helmet mount my Sony fdr 3000
    Thank you.

I went with this one when I picked up my X3000 the other day: Insignia Tripod Thread Mount Adapter Black NS-DGPA10 - Best Buy

FYI - price on the Sony is at $349 to match the price drop on the GoPro Hero 5 currently.
    2007 CBR600RR pearl white
    2016 FZ-09 armor gray

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cnk View Post
    I went with this one when I picked up my X3000 the other day: Insignia Tripod Thread Mount Adapter Black NS-DGPA10 - Best Buy

FYI - price on the Sony is at $349 to match the price drop on the GoPro Hero 5 currently.
    The price has been going up n down on the sony for a while now (from 350-400), I don't think it has anything to do with the gopro's price change. What i'm excited about is to find out what the specs are on the new hero6 cam (coming out later year). Hopefully it'll have OIS and 4k60fps!

cnk
    Member #
    The price has been going up n down on the sony for a while now (from 350-400), I don't think it has anything to do with the gopro's price change. What i'm excited about is to find out what the specs are on the new hero6 cam (coming out later year). Hopefully it'll have OIS and 4k60fps!
    True. . .it has been fluctuating based on CamelCamelCamel. My point was that it is at a low point currently. For picture quality and stability, Sony wins hands down IMO. I was concerned with the menu system, but coming from a GoPro Hero3 Black, it's not an issue.
    2007 CBR600RR pearl white
    2016 FZ-09 armor gray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links