Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

phone holder?

21K views 50 replies 32 participants last post by  LouG 
#1 ·
#5 ·
It would be nice to have the phone visible for when using the Maps / GPS app.

I don't mind trying a knock off, its the mounting to the bike that puzzles me. Ram seems to offer a u bolt clamp arrangement that goes around the bars to secure the thing to the bike. This mount has a mount that looks to bolt onto something, but what it bolts onto I am unsure of.

#6 ·
#14 ·
My phone streams Sirius satellite radio to my helmet and also directions from the GPS if I'm using it ..its quite nice actually

Reactions: Morten
#10 ·
I have the ram Ball mount that replaces one of your handle bar clamp bolts. And that ball will work with the holder you linked to in your OP. https://www.amazon.com/Ram-Mount-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Screws/dp/B005J43I56
I used to have th U-Bolt style, but it got in the way of me getting the key in and out of the ignition. And if you have black or gold bars, the u-bolt clamps will eventually wear away the paint on the bar.

And to krisfz and LouG, I use my ram mount with my Garmin Montana, not my phone, so you can rest easy. I'll be here for the long haul! ;-)

#13 ·
Reactions: Morten
#17 ·
Holy smokes...$109.00..is it gold plated?

#18 ·
#23 · (Edited)
Technology Electronics Electronic device Camera

I use my phone for the app warning about speed traps.
It will make a sound and point out exactly where the trap is in a 4 km. radius. Saved me a "few" bucks now and then.
The holder is a bit unhandy but keeps flies, dust and water off the phone.

By the way...the app is called "Fartkontrol.nu" :fat:

#28 ·
Is that a dent in your handlebars? If so thats not very safe

#29 · (Edited)
I just picked up a mount from my local shop, made by Mob Armor. Can get them in different colors from their site, revzilla and actually just saw them on walmart.com haha can post pictures once installed. Here is a picture pulled from the web. They have this bar clamp mount as well as magnetic ones

Mobile phone accessories Technology Electronic device Tablet computer stand Mobile phone car mount

#32 ·
Reactions: DTM74
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.