Which Seat Concepts seat? Owners chime in!
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Which Seat Concepts seat? Owners chime in! within the FZ-09 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Garage category; I think I have it narrowed down to two choices, either the Rally Tall, or the GP seat, both look to completely remove the slope. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which Seat Concepts seat? Owners chime in!

Member #

I think I have it narrowed down to two choices, either the Rally Tall, or the GP seat, both look to completely remove the slope. I just want the seat to be a bit "cushier" and to get rid of the downward slope.

The Rally Tall looks very flat but looks to sit you up quite high on the bike. While the GP looks lower and more aesthetically pleasing, the dish in the seat looks a bit extreme? Just looking for an opinion before I pull the trigger! Thanks!

Member #
    I had the standard seat concepts seat..the one that looks identical to the oem one...it was slightly built up in the front and about 50%more comfortable than stock...im curious if the 2up,and GP seat are the same except the passenger area

Member #
    I have the 2up and it's good with the forward slope. I agree with you about being 50% more comfortable or can ride twice as far before starting to hurt. I really like the concave section for keeping me in place under hard acceleration. Instead of sliding back on the seat and getting the front end light. The only reason I didn't get the gp seat was practicality of using a tail bag or riding a passenger.

Ps; if I know I'm going for a long ride I'll wear padded cycle shorts that really helped being comfortable.
    Last edited by Dpak; 01-07-2017 at 08:34 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    I too bought the standard SC seat on their pan on ebay. I'm pretty happy with it over stock and it does help reduce the forward slide. Notice I said reduce, not eliminate.

Not sure this is exactly where your question is going, but I find that if I wear some slick (spandex type) underwear under my jeans and protective pants in combination with the reduced forward tilt of the SC seat, the pain from the forward slide goes away. From my experience you need a couple of solutions to completely resolve the nut crushing. For me it was as much or perhaps even more about eliminating the friction between cotton based underwear and the next layer up than about the tilt forward.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    2015 Yamaha FZ-09 Matte Grey - Current
    2012 Kawasaki Concours 1400 Black - Current

2001 Honda CBR 929 - Sold
    1996 Honda CBR 600F3 - Sold
    1985 Honda VF700F - Sold

Member #
    I have the GP seat on my bike and it is a improvement over stock but its not all day comfort! I went with the complete seat and it looks great.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Rally Tall.
    CRFan1 likes this.

Member #
    Hey ridetofish...I never did ask...are you happy with the seat?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by motokid837 View Post
    I think I have it narrowed down to two choices, either the Rally Tall, or the GP seat, both look to completely remove the slope. I just want the seat to be a bit "cushier" and to get rid of the downward slope.

The Rally Tall looks very flat but looks to sit you up quite high on the bike. While the GP looks lower and more aesthetically pleasing, the dish in the seat looks a bit extreme? Just looking for an opinion before I pull the trigger! Thanks!
    I have the 2up seat. There is plenty of room to move around, it's less harsh on the butt and it does help reduce the auto slide to the tank. One thing I must say that surprisingly no one mentioned is choice of seat covers. Do not get the gripper or your butt will feel like it just got stuck to fly paper plus you'll get a Webbie. The carbon fiber is the way to go so you can slide side to side with ease making a much smoother transition from corner to corner. When I used to race we put baby powder on the seat so we could slide with ease. I got the kit with foam and skin. I had no problem putting it on.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Member #
    I have the GP seat, it was tricky to install with the cut behind the front seat, but it turned out great. The dish is due to he height of the rear section rather than a lower front section. With the grippy material, no sliding forward. Had three other seats before settling on this one, works great. Here's a picture right after I finished it.

Which Seat Concepts seat? Owners chime in!-untitled_edit_dsc_0108.jpg
    Pandru and Evol like this.
    2015 FZ09 Rapid Red
    2010 Ducati 1198 street bike
    2008 Ducati 1098R with 1198RS11 engine track bike
    2011 Ducati 848EVO track bike
    2008 Ducati 848 street bike
    2016 Ninja 300 track bike
    2013 Ninja 300 street bike
    2005 GSXR1000R track bike
    2009 Ducati Monster 696

Member #
    I put the Rally Tall on mine a couple of weeks ago. It is more comfortable than the stock seat, but it does take some getting used to.

It is like sitting on the seat instead of sitting in the seat. I think some taller handle bars will be next, maybe that will make it less awkward feeling.

I do like the extra legroom, and at 6'5" I needed it. I like the way it looks and that seating position feels more like a dirt bike or a SM.

Which Seat Concepts seat? Owners chime in!-vzm.img_20170103_160141.jpg
    jken695 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links