Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

would you trust chinese shorty levers

15K views 54 replies 41 participants last post by  hANNAbONE 
#1 ·
20 $ as opposed to Pazzo 150$

?

My brother had similar on his kawa Z800 and seemed to be happy with it....

what could be the issue... fitting, paint, rust, breaking,...

or do you really just pay for the fancy nametag?

#8 ·
Yup, they work great. You should drill out the brake plunger hole a hair deeper though. Needs just a little more room for heat expansion. (all second hand info from others, but I wasnt going to chance a front brake lock up). Super easy. Other than that they have been wonderful.

#18 ·
I can confirm that's the case after bending one 90 degrees coming off my XT660X without it snapping like the stock lever certainly would have. The only issue you will have with the chinese levers is they will all fade to varying degrees depending on the colour. My gold / black levers with blue adjusters are now gold / olive green levers with blue adjusters after only a few months in the sun but for the price I paid I really can't complain

#22 ·
Chinese levers have been the cause of several accidents. I would be careful with them. I researched them for another bike and found complaints about the levers causing the slightest amount of pressure to build up in the front brake master cylinder and locking up the front brake when the fluid heats up. There are YouTube videos of riders going down at high speed due to front brakes locking up.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

#23 ·
This is caused by the piston in the master cylinder not being able to retract fully as the hole in the lever isn't drilled deep enough on a lot of them. I noticed this during installation on both my bikes and drilled them slightly deeper to be on the safe side. It's pretty obvious if this will be required as you will have to compress the piston to install the pivot bolt.

#24 ·
So I received them, and was in the shop for a new front tire. I asked the guy to mount them.

they didn't fit. the hole for the brake lever did not match.... Decided on his advise not to try and drill things and mount it.

I don't want any issues with braking....

#26 ·
35,000 kms on my Chinese levers. Pazzo knock-offs A.K.A. Mad Hornets. Not one single issue.

Reactions: yamfz09
#27 ·
I have a set of Mad Hornets on my FZ-09, friend has a set on his FZ-09 and my brother has a set on his FJ-09, all fit and work great with zero issues.

The ebay versions look exactly the same as the Mad Hornets version. Not sure if they are knock offs of the Mad Hornets? or just Mad Hornets at a slightly cheaper price??? lol

The only complaint I have heard is some of the anodized colours fading from sitting in the sun a lot.

#28 ·
The ebay versions look exactly the same as the Mad Hornets version. Not sure if they are knock offs of the Mad Hornets? or just Mad Hornets at a slightly cheaper price??? lol
I think it's safe to assume they all come out of the same factory, mad hornetz is just another reseller

The only complaint I have heard is some of the anodized colours fading from sitting in the sun a lot.
Can confirm my black and gold levers are now olive green and gold levers, but then my woodcraft bars have faded worse than my eBay levers. At least the levers don't look blotchy!

#31 ·
I have used them.
The gold anodized I had faded over time. no idea if it was that particular set or all the same. Did not look bad just "lighter" going toward silver I think.
My friends orange on a KTM are fine. Black is also holding up bery well..

Only nuisance in traffic I sometimes wish for a long clutch lever.

There have been instances of not right fit issues on web. One I've read about pivot holes were large, one brake light switch tab was off. Seems very rare though.

#34 ·
I use long Chinese levers with no sign of failure after several thousand miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.