Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

This is a discussion on Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers within the XSR900 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; I'm a big fan of CRG levers for their improved fit, finish and feel over stock, but they are pricey. Found these knock-offs on ebay ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers

Member #

I'm a big fan of CRG levers for their improved fit, finish and feel over stock, but they are pricey.

Found these knock-offs on ebay for about half the price of CRG's and was wondering if anyone has tried them...

Yamaha XSR 900 ABS 2016 CNC Long Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers | eBay

Member #
    I bought mine on ebay for around $20 and when they arrived was very surprised by how nice they are. I put them on last week and they look slick. Troop posted a link in one of his posts saying that he had gotten them and was pleased with them. They look great and fuction like they're supposed to...good enough for this guy, especially compared to the stock ones.

Member #
    Lots of threads about Chinese levers. I say don't be a cheapo and get quality levers. Most people here are all over the cheap ebay junk though.
    Moto26, younglion, Fuzz09 and 2 others like this.
    YAMAWHORE FOR LIFE.
    Currently : 2015 FZ-09 and 2008 FZ-1 .... 2006 TTR 125 pit bike as well.
    Past Yamaha machines : 2006 R1 , 2009 WR 250R , 2000 R6 , 1988 YSR50, 1990 YSR50, 1990 YSR80, 2005 BWS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    I have a set of the Mad Hornet adjustable short levers on my FZ-09 and they are great. All the knock-off China levers on ebay look identical to the Mad Hornet levers, but not sure if they are Mad Hornet, or a copy of the Mad Hornet levers? A knock-off of a knock-off??? lol.

ALL Yamaha OEM STANDARD LENGTH Adjustable Brake Cluthch Levers Set YZF/R1/R6/FZ/FZ09/FJR/XJ/MT/R6S/V-Max/Supertenere, 5 Color Options - Mad Hornets

Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers-mh-long.jpg

SHORTY Levers Brake Clutch Set YAMAHA YZF/R1/R6/FZ/FJR/XJ/MT/R6S/V-Max/Supertenere/FZ09, 5 Color Options - Mad Hornets

Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers-mh-short.jpg

Two things to be aware of with any China levers.

1). Shipping is free, but it doesn't mean fast. Some people have waited 6 weeks to get their levers.

2). If you go with coloured levers, don't be surprised if the anodized fades in the sun. Which is why I went with the silver levers, no colour to fade.

Sure some people don't think anything China is any good. I figured for the price, they were worth trying, and I am glad I did. I have had really good luck with the Mad Hornet levers, no issues after two years of use.
    younglion likes this.
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_MTN_FZ09 View Post
    I have a set of the Mad Hornet adjustable short levers on my FZ-09 and they are great. All the knock-off China levers on ebay look identical to the Mad Hornet levers, but not sure if they are Mad Hornet, or a copy of the Mad Hornet levers? A knock-off of a knock-off??? lol.

ALL Yamaha OEM STANDARD LENGTH Adjustable Brake Cluthch Levers Set YZF/R1/R6/FZ/FZ09/FJR/XJ/MT/R6S/V-Max/Supertenere, 5 Color Options - Mad Hornets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MH-Long.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	67458

SHORTY Levers Brake Clutch Set YAMAHA YZF/R1/R6/FZ/FJR/XJ/MT/R6S/V-Max/Supertenere/FZ09, 5 Color Options - Mad Hornets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MH-Short.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	67466

Two things to be aware of with any China levers.

1). Shipping is free, but it doesn't mean fast. Some people have waited 6 weeks to get their levers.

2). If you go with coloured levers, don't be surprised if the anodized fades in the sun. Which is why I went with the silver levers, no colour to fade.

Sure some people don't think anything China is any good. I figured for the price, they were worth trying, and I am glad I did. I have had really good luck with the Mad Hornet levers, no issues after two years of use.
    Currently waiting on my ebay cheapo's as well - ordered them 3+ weeks ago - the same day as I ordered bar end mirrors also from China - mirrors showed up in 6 business days, levers are still en route...

I'll check tolerances and clearances before install for peace of mind but I'm not expecting any issues. As you say, for the entry price - worth a shot.
    "I'm so mean I make medicine sick!" C.C.

Senior Member JakeFromStateFarm's Avatar
    Member #
    Absolutely nothing bad to say about my "cheap junk" levers. I paid a little more for mine from Amazon Prime though. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Member #
    I bought this on Amazon, cost about $25+ and it's great
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A6R4MGO/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by R1-Dave View Post
    Lots of threads about Chinese levers. I say don't be a cheapo and get quality levers. Most people here are all over the cheap ebay junk though.
    They're not junk but anyone is free to spend as much of their own money they want.
    Rocky_MTN_FZ09 likes this.

Member #
    These are the ones I got. Says they're long but they are def shorter than the awkwardly long looking stock ones. I got black with red adjusters and it took about a month to get them, but it's the winter here and not an issue.
    And they're levers after all, no one's going to know how much you paid for them when they see them on your bike, if there are those that care about that kind of thing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CapeRR View Post
    These are the ones I got. Says they're long but they are def shorter than the awkwardly long looking stock ones. I got black with red adjusters and it took about a month to get them, but it's the winter here and not an issue.
    And they're levers after all, no one's going to know how much you paid for them when they see them on your bike, if there are those that care about that kind of thing.
    CNC 3D Long Brake Clutch levers For Yamaha FZ-09/MT-09/SR 2013-2015 | eBay

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links