Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers

This is a discussion on Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers within the XSR900 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; I have had some good luck with my Mad Hornets levers, and lots of people liked their China rad guards, wind screens, steering dampers, rear ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Replacement Brake and Clutch Levers

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    I have had some good luck with my Mad Hornets levers, and lots of people liked their China rad guards, wind screens, steering dampers, rear sets, etc. There have even been people who love the China brake rotors they purchased. Not sure if I would go that far, call me paranoid, but I just don't know if I could trust them????

A friend of mine picked up a new FZ-09 last spring, and he went with a set of Mad Hornets levers. The set he purchased was about 1 1/2 years after I bought my set. I will say the set he got were even better than mine. So they have improved the levers as time went on. It wasn't a huge difference, but I have to say they have improved over time.

The sad thing is, do we really know where the expensive levers are really made? So many companies have gone to China, Taiwan or India to save on labour rates to keep the cost down and increase profits. The KTM Duke 390 & RC 390 are made in India to keep the cost down.

The only Levers I know of that are 100% made in North America (actually Canada) are Pazzo Racing Levers. If you go to the FAQ link, and click on "Where are the levers made?", it says: "We are a Canadian owned and operated company, we manufacture everything in house."
    Morten likes this.
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    I have the Mad Hornets on my FZ09 as well and they have performed without a hitch since Nov. 2013. I have CRG levers on my track bike and they are made in the U.S.A.....
    Rocky_MTN_FZ09 likes this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CapeRR View Post
    ^^^Pretentious a bit? lol A lot of assumptions too that you are way off. East Coasters comment?....haha what a guy. Let's get an age check here. lol
    But like I've said before, people are free to spend their money the way they choose.
    Just teasin ya Bud. Fellow Canadians can do that to each udder eh Bud.
    YAMAWHORE FOR LIFE.
    Currently : 2015 FZ-09 and 2008 FZ-1 .... 2006 TTR 125 pit bike as well.
    Past Yamaha machines : 2006 R1 , 2009 WR 250R , 2000 R6 , 1988 YSR50, 1990 YSR50, 1990 YSR80, 2005 BWS

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    What happened to the good old days when you didn't have to be PC and watch your language on an adult message board ? Last time I checked, children don't ride FZ-09's. Why are people soo damn sensitive ? Buy your Chinese levers, I don't care but you don't need to get all butthurt defending your cheapo purchase ! People ask about it all the time, we give our opinions and advice, that's how this works. I work in the industry and I have seen lots of Chinese parts that failed or don't work properly. It's my duty to pass the info along to save other people the trouble. You don't want my advice ? Fine, don't read it. Makes no difference to me.
    YAMAWHORE FOR LIFE.
    Past Yamaha machines : 2006 R1 , 2009 WR 250R , 2000 R6 , 1988 YSR50, 1990 YSR50, 1990 YSR80, 2005 BWS

Member #
    Stop it, you're hurting my butt.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dory View Post
    Stop it, you're hurting my butt.
    That is sexually suggestive and I feel violated. I am reporting you.
    YAMAWHORE FOR LIFE.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    Quote Originally Posted by R1-Dave View Post
    What happened to the good old days when you didn't have to be PC and watch your language on an adult message board ? Last time I checked, children don't ride FZ-09's. Why are people soo damn sensitive ? Buy your Chinese levers, I don't care but you don't need to get all butthurt defending your cheapo purchase ! People ask about it all the time, we give our opinions and advice, that's how this works. I work in the industry and I have seen lots of Chinese parts that failed or don't work properly. It's my duty to pass the info along to save other people the trouble. You don't want my advice ? Fine, don't read it. Makes no difference to me.
    Offering opinions here is fine and dandy, ....offering up smart-ass comments aren't. Maybe go back and read the forum rules that YOU agreed to abide by when you signed up here. This certainly isn't "kindergarten", but being respectful to fellow members IS required........if you are going to continue to be a member on the forum. Another suggestion is maybe using some of the smilies if you are going offer up sarcastic remarks/tease someone. You know the routine here, play nice with others, offer up differing opinions if you have them, and be respectful of other.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Lead Intermediate Instructor

Member #
    Love my Mad Hornets. Flawless. Which is more than I can say for my last set of ASV levers. I have no qualms about spending .007% of my net worth on levers. Not skeered.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Member #
    Im pretty sure that if the cast aluminum stock & cheap genaric replacement levers dont break, That ebay ones should be fine.

Member #
    CNC Folding Extending Clutch Brake Levers Pair Adjustable Customize Color T6061 | eBay

I have these on my FZ6 and XSR900! Price went up, I only paid $18.45 when I bought it a couple months ago

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links