Strap clips
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Strap clips

This is a discussion on Strap clips within the XSR900 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Strapping xsr in bed of ford ranger to go to florida for a couple weeks i seen bolt on hooks on a site one time ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strap clips

Member #

Strap clips

Strapping xsr in bed of ford ranger to go to florida for a couple weeks i seen bolt on hooks on a site one time anyone have any ideas? Never hauled bike before

Member #
    Eye hook lookong things that bolt to the bike, and the trip is from Michigan to Florida

Member #
    Well... Canyon Dancer makes these strap-rings, which are convenient sometimes...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  37.1 KB

But in the case of transporting an XSR in the back of a pickup, it depends on what you have to work with. Normally, a set of tie-dows (like Ancra), along with either some soft-tie straps around your handlebars or an actual bar harness like a Canyon Dancer is sufficient up front. Just secure the ends to the cleats in the forward corner of the bed, which I assume your truck has.

If you want to secure the rear (which is good on a long trip, just in case), then you first have to find a place to attach some tie-downs near the wheel wells of the truck. I personally like all 4 of my tie-downs pulling forward. Lots of people attach the rears to the rear corner of the bed near the tailgate, so you have an "X" pattern holding the bike. I don't like this because the tie-downs are working against each other and the bike ends up too free to move back and forth, in my opinion.

But whatever works for you. In any case, about the only place to attach a set in the rear of the XSR is the passenger pegs. Or, if you've removed the passenger pegs, use a set of those strap rings where they mounted.

Bar harness:

Strap clips-image.jpg
    Last edited by Moto26; 12-23-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    ◾◾◾ 2016 XSR900 ◾◾◾

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    You mean these: Moose Racing Strap Rings - RevZilla

I use a couple sets of tie down extensions like these ones. Trackside Soft-Hook Tie-Down Extensions - RevZilla

One set on the bars, and the second set off the passanger pegs, hold the bike in place. I also suggest doing something to hold the front tire from moving.
    Ride to work, work to ride.

Member #
    I rarely secure a bike with the handlebars. Just is not as stable as other, more secure locations.

I use Ankra tiedowns with the built in soft ties and connect them to the forks at the lower triple clamp.

In most instances this gives a better angle to the sides and pulls the bike down into the suspension travel a couple inches to keep tension in the tiedowns.

On the rear, I attach the soft ties to the bottom subframe tube right where it meets the frame.

It is a very stable orientation.
    CMSP/MTC and Total Control IRC and ARC instructor and MSF Ridercoach
    2014 FZ-09: received 9/24/13, Traxxion Dynamics AT20 fork cartridges, Penske shock, R1/R6 master cylinder, SSL lines, custom tail, T-rex frame sliders and case protectors, ThrottleMeister handlebar end weights, G2 Throttle tamer, ECU reflashed by Ivan, custom tank protectors, mirrors with turnsignals built-in, Renthal 828 handlebar, ErMax 25cm screen and ErMax radiator shrouds, raised Sargent seat.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    A very good setup is the Baxley Sport Wheel Chock. I have two of them in my trailer for hauling the track bikes with 10's of thousands of incident free miles. Roll the bike in, close the locking clip, tie down just the back of the bike and pull it forward.....Done! Seriously, 10's of thousands of miles like that.

A Baxley would fit in the truck bed and go up against the bed of the truck by the rear cab window....then the only other thing to do would be to find a tie down spot on each side to be able to attach your tie downs from the rear of the bike to the truck.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    I was assuming that the OP didn't want to invest in a few hundred dollars' worth of gadgets in order to do what sounds like a one-off road trip...
    ◾◾◾ 2016 XSR900 ◾◾◾

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap
    I know, but the Baxley will last a lifetime. We bought ours in 2007, so that's 10 years of use. And we load bikes up in them 10 to 12 times a year for track days. They work just as well and look just as good as the day we bought them. It's a good investment if you are going to travel even a couple of times a year.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Member #
    I like the idea of the suspension able to travel on the Baxley , my cousin made the same trip and blew out his front seals on his cbr 1000 from being to compressed

Member #
    Would I need to bolt the Baxley down?

P.s. you're all great help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links