Exhaust XSR900 - Giannelli X-pro full system - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Exhaust XSR900 - Giannelli X-pro full system

This is a discussion on Exhaust XSR900 - Giannelli X-pro full system within the XSR900 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Originally Posted by kneepuck I wouldn't presume to know what you want. With some work ($) the fz09 is a cheap well balanced bike. But ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Exhaust XSR900 - Giannelli X-pro full system

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kneepuck View Post
    I wouldn't presume to know what you want. With some work ($) the fz09 is a cheap well balanced bike. But it is not a performance bike. You threw out a comment that you are all about performance. Clearly that is not true.
    I think that's a true statement, perhaps not the most popular or on topic here. Since Performance is relative, in the realm of all motorcycles, and as much as you and I may love the performance of the FZ09, it is truly quite far from the mental machines available nowadays.

For the Gianelli, this is obviously a sister company to Arrow, with a little bit different styling of the silencers, and more affordable. Arrow is a little bit weird that it comes in somewhat of modular format for all the bikes. The header/collector is one separate part, and then you buy the back end of it with many options for the second part. Probably doesn't make as much sense on the FZ09, but on most other bikes, the back end makes up a slip on system, and the front end may be an upgrade later for a full system.

I have a small business which is an Arrow dealer, and sometime in the near future I will be installing the Arrow system on the FZ09.

Downside on the Arrow is that it's made in Italy, so it takes a while to arrive at the US Distributor SpeedMob (Formerly LeoVince USA) and then they ship it to me... But with a little patience, they are certainly well built and well engineered systems. They are EU noise compliant, but the dB killer can be removed: the exhaust nozle is machined with a large circlip that holds the dB killers in, and there's a small spot welded tab that needs to be removed in order to remove the circlip and the dB killers. I have a special tool for this, which is a chisel that's rounded on one side so it doesn't gouge the nice machined nozzle surface.
    Morten likes this.
    2015 FZ09 Rapid Red
    2010 Ducati 1198 street bike
    2008 Ducati 1098R with 1198RS11 engine track bike
    2008 Ducati 848 track bike
    2008 Ducati 848 street bike
    2016 Ninja 300 track bike

Member #
    If of any interest I have added Giannelli catalyst. I also made a video in the dark using my phone

Giannelli X-Pro full system with dbkiller and catalyst

Regards.
    Last edited by Morten; 09-22-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Member #
    How do you feel with this exhaust system? Bike needed some ECU re-program? There is some power loss on lower rpm's? Do you feel more power or any improvement?
    Marco on XSR900 "Kawaii"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I went on the website, looked up the XSR900, and it showed the X-Pro for that bike.
    Giannelli - Yamaha XSR 900 2016
    Morten likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by erwin View Post
    I went on the website, looked up the XSR900, and it showed the X-Pro for that bike.
    Giannelli - Yamaha XSR 900 2016
    Yes, i contacted them and they say that this product is optionally catalyzed and fully homologated with EU "euro 4" norms, so can be used without legal problems. I'm really considering it for my bike.
    Morten likes this.
    Marco on XSR900 "Kawaii"

Member #
    I can't imagine an aftermarket system that would not benefit from an ECU correction. Even the stock exhaust has real gains from an ECU flash.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Harsay likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by buecyb3r View Post
    How do you feel with this exhaust system? Bike needed some ECU re-program? There is some power loss on lower rpm's? Do you feel more power or any improvement?
    Hi buecyb3r. I have not noticed any performance changes either way. But I am not a "racer", never been. I have not done any ECU-mapping or dynoing. The exhaust does not pop or shoot flames. Same with or without the catalysator I later added.

Edit: I have used the Giannelli X-pro for about 10.000 km
    Last edited by Morten; 01-12-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    buecyb3r likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Hi buecyb3r. I have not noticed any performance changes either way. But I am not a "racer", never been. I have not done any ECU-mapping or dynoing. The exhaust does not pop or shoot flames. Same with or without the catalysator I later added.

Edit: I have used the Giannelli X-pro for about 10.000 km
    Thanks a lot!
    Marco on XSR900 "Kawaii"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links