Anyone go with the Yamaha XSR900 Custom Seat? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Anyone go with the Yamaha XSR900 Custom Seat?

This is a discussion on Anyone go with the Yamaha XSR900 Custom Seat? within the XSR900 Gear & Accessories forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Originally Posted by Mozzer Is it noticeably more comfortable than stock? I've been out this morning and I got about 45 mins before I found ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone go with the Yamaha XSR900 Custom Seat?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
    Is it noticeably more comfortable than stock? I've been out this morning and I got about 45 mins before I found the stock one uncomfortable but I run a lot nowadays so my arse cheeks are non existent, so I could be dropping 200 sovs on an extra 15 minutes! For me, the maroon/burgundy seat makes the garage bike and is one of the things I love about it but I'm gonna have to change something.
    Deffo softer, whether £200 softer is debatable! I had a Bagster seat on my Tracer before it got nicked and it was 500% more comfortable than the evil stock seat, sadly nothing for xsr. If you can hang on till 9 september, I'll be in Southampton for the football (come on you 'orns!) if you want a 'backside on' look!

Member #
    I wonder what would've happened if Yamaha created the black seat as stock and offered the red one as the custom seat. Would people be saying, the black seat is boring, the custom maroon seat looks better on the bike lol.
    WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/HALOHALOS for FZ09/XSR900 diy related vids (with a dash of drone, tech gear) on the side

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_py View Post
    I wonder what would've happened if Yamaha created the black seat as stock and offered the red one as the custom seat. Would people be saying, the black seat is boring, the custom maroon seat looks better on the bike lol.
    Haha, this purple-ish seat was one the things I liked the most when I ordered/got my bike. Reading this forum almost made me wish I had a black one... But no I like it

I'd like a brown leather seat though, but with the heavy rain I ride through every day, it's probably not a good idea..

Sent from my DP-CMX1 using Tapatalk
    Mozzer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetmike View Post
    Deffo softer, whether £200 softer is debatable! I had a Bagster seat on my Tracer before it got nicked and it was 500% more comfortable than the evil stock seat, sadly nothing for xsr. If you can hang on till 9 september, I'll be in Southampton for the football (come on you 'orns!) if you want a 'backside on' look!
    If you beat the Scummers there's always shelter, tea and biscuits at chez mozzer! I've turned the preload down as far as it'll go so I'll see if that helps any but the bike is definitely sprung for heavier folks than me. Luckily I don't have to do big miles so I can live with it but I get the feeling I'll have to take the plunge. Any difference in height? I have sat on one but it was the XSR700.

Bad luck with the bike being stolen (had 2 nicked myself...Devastating) I'll admit though, I didn't have the tracer or the XSR down as a particularly desirable bike to steal...Where you just unlucky or do they take anything up there nowadays?
    Past Beauties...

CZ250 DT50 KE125 RGV250 NSR400R GPz550 XT600 GPz500S ZZR600 Ducati916 DucatiS4 VFR400 Honda Varadero Ducati749 DR350 XJR1300SP

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer View Post
    If you beat the Scummers there's always shelter, tea and biscuits at chez mozzer! I've turned the preload down as far as it'll go so I'll see if that helps any but the bike is definitely sprung for heavier folks than me. Luckily I don't have to do big miles so I can live with it but I get the feeling I'll have to take the plunge. Any difference in height? I have sat on one but it was the XSR700.

Bad luck with the bike being stolen (had 2 nicked myself...Devastating) I'll admit though, I didn't have the tracer or the XSR down as a particularly desirable bike to steal...Where you just unlucky or do they take anything up there nowadays?
    Maybe 1 cm higher, but you sink into it more.

Copper who came round told me our bikes are popular amongst thieves for the engines which are put into go-karts. But yes, there are gangs of little toerags on mopeds who work as spotters for their big brothers/uncles who come around in stolen Tesco/Ocado etc vans and just lift them (the lining on the grocery delivery vans blocks signals from tracking devices and the vans don't raise any eyebrows in residential streets)

We haven't had a lot of joy at St Marys but we live in hope!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links