Snowmagedon....2017
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

Snowmagedon....2017

This is a discussion on Snowmagedon....2017 within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; So, how are all the "East Coasters" doing with this current snow-magedon that's happening? Everyone doing OK out there? I realize that where some of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Snowmagedon....2017

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    "Murvil" TN.......18 miles from Deals Gap

Snowmagedon....2017

So, how are all the "East Coasters" doing with this current snow-magedon that's happening? Everyone doing OK out there? I realize that where some of y'all live, you get lots of snow in the winter-time and this is just another day in the office, so to speak. But then there are other areas.....Atlanta, Charlotte, etc, that are not accustomed to getting a significant snowfall during the winter months......what cha got out there.....I'll start it off.

I'm just south of Knoxville, TN and a lot closer to the Smoky Mountains than Knoxville. We were in an area that the snowfall prediction was in the 4-6" range, with significantly more up in the actual mountains. Once you get across and over to the N.C. side, the weather forecast was calling for sleet/freezing rain, then snow. Having lived in the St. Louis, MO area over in IL for a big part of my life, snow/winter driving is still a pretty normal thing for me, so I don't worry about it much....except for all the people that live down South and literally don't have a clue on how to drive in those conditions. I'm not slamming them, they just don't have the experience that the Northern folks do. So anyway......how is it where you live if you are in the "Snowmagedon" 2017 locations?

And please.........I really don't need to hear how warm and sunny it was in S. California, Arizona, etc.........I know, we had all summer to move......so just shut up and go ride!
    Desert Rat likes this.
    "If it ain't fast...........It ain't fun"!

Vern........ Sportbike Track Time Southern Region Instructor

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Im on the border of the 4-6 and the 6-8 inch areas , not a big deal but it will probably screw up our Polar Bear ride tomorrow ...I was looking forward to trying out some new heated gear also....

Snowmagedon....2017-15942985_10210062790338804_2108186943_o.jpg
    2014 FZ09 Mods> Ivans ECU Flash....... Penske 8983....... GP fork piston kit.......Woodcraft Frame Sliders....Woodcraft Axle Sliders ...Woodcraft Engine guards...Chinese spools...
    Spiegler SS brake lines .....APE CC tensioner .....Antigravity AG-801 Battery......tripage LED headlight.......tripage LED pegs ...Watsen Design front turn signals..and some other stuff I dont feel like listing

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    A couple of pics from...........yea, you guessed it, the back deck! Everyone posts pictures from the back deck if they have one.

Looks like I got the RV Carport just in time.....I've had it about 2 or 3 weeks.....
    shamrock, CRFan1, GhengisT and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    No snow in WI but the air temps have been in the -* column and windchills -15* F and colder . Kick off time in Green Bay versus Giants tomorrow (3:45PM central) should be low teens with windchills pushing zero..
    MoFZio and CRFan1 like this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Anything around the "0" mark is just brutal. I remember going out to work an overtime shift on midnights one time, when I still lived in IL and worked at a Steel Mill.....the wind chill that night was -66 degrees. I've never been so cold in all of my life......and probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done!
    MoFZio likes this.

Member #
    In West Virginia it 12 degrees this morning, wind chill a warm 2 degrees.

But hey, it's january

Member #
    1f here right now, not too bad. We're looking at possibly -40f by midweek.

Member #
    Got lucky with the snow so far, some places have 18 inches. But that's lake effect snow yesterday it was sunny and in town they got 6-8 inches that's only 6 miles away. That's why I have a mitsubishi outlander with snow tires the only time it gets stuck is when you pack enough snow under it and lift the tires off the ground. It was 3 degrees last night not as bad as the winter we had a couple of years ago -26 degrees is the coldest I've ever seen.

Member #
    The guys with sleds are loving it!

Member #
    In central Florida we are doing fine....yesterday's high was 75 degrees. Yeah, I'm east coast!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links