New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust - Page 8
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust

This is a discussion on New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust within the XSR900 Builds forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Originally Posted by Forest808 I have a very similar setup as Jake and just flashed my ECU with the Graves file dated 7.25.16 and had ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust

Senior Member JakeFromStateFarm's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest808 View Post
    I have a very similar setup as Jake and just flashed my ECU with the Graves file dated 7.25.16 and had no issues with the Check Engine Lite...

I did not have to disable any of the diagnostic codes so they must have fixed the issues in this latest version of the file.

I am curious if anyone got any further details on what exactly the Graves file changes... Even though it doesn't show any of the fuel or throttle mapping settings is it actually applying new fuel and throttle mappings?
    Someone posted it on page 4, but here's what Graves told them: "I can tell you that the files have professionally modified fuel, ignition and throttle-by-wire mapping."

Member #
    Here in Malaysia, Yamaha did not provide new fuel mapping reflash to fix the throttle jerking. Can someone please upload the new Yamaha fuel mapping that fix the throttle jerking. Thank you.

Member #
    Have there been updates to this? New files? Ride reports?

Since I am in Canada, sending my ECU to cyclenut is a bit of a pain in the ass. If this works well, I can just do the flash myself.

Mr AL

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAl View Post
    Have there been updates to this? New files? Ride reports?

Since I am in Canada, sending my ECU to cyclenut is a bit of a pain in the ass. If this works well, I can just do the flash myself.

Mr AL
    Turn around time is a around three weeks and with the exchange plus the initial cost to ship it there will cost around $320ish Cdn give or take for comparison sake. It's the route I took last fall and am quite happy with how it turned out.

Member #
    My bench kit is on the way, very excited to try it out. I have the CF Akrapovic so I plan to flash the Graves file (EU model) with mods that come along (AIS disabled etc).
    I don't intend to install block off plates; do I need to physically disable anything on the bike?

Or is it as simple as

Unplug the ECU > flash it on PC > plug it back to the bike > done?

(Besides the possible errors to check/ignore if needed as mentioned earlier in the thread)

Edit: flash done. Amazing and definitely worth it to anyone who can't get their ECU flashed by post. Everything is smooth. Everything. Smooth.
    Had to disable a lot of errors with "Fail" status in the software diagnostics mode, I expected only the 3 mentioned earlier in the thread, that was more than that. Anyway all's good now. I guess. I have a new bike. Thanks for this thread, it helped a lot.

Sent from my SM-G935K
    Last edited by koziakauzu; 03-13-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Member #
    Same Here, but I have the Graves Full Titanium/Titanium Exhaust System. Flashed my ECU with the Graves Full System Tune 072516.ftm

Lots of trouble codes after flashing and running the diagnostic:

P0108 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input
    0113 - Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
    0118 - Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input
    0123 - Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High Input
    0223 - Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low Input
    1602 - Throttle Control Unit Modulated Command Malfunction
    1605 - Loss of Power; Open Circuit
    2122 - Throttle/Pedal Pos Sensor/Switch D Circ Low Input
    2128 - Throttle/Pedal Pos Sensor/Switch E Circ High Input
    1607 - Immobilizer/ECM Communication Error

After disabling these and writing to the ECU again, I received an additional 2 codes:

P0606 - Internal Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error
    P062F - Generic Internal Control Module EEPROM Error

Can someone just please confirm all these codes are "false positives" or can be ignored and disabled. I don't remember reading about this many trouble codes popping up for others in previous posts, so I was slightly concerned. I won't get a chance to run my bike for a while as we're dealing with a snow storm currently, but first chance I get I'll get it out if someone can give me a warm fuzzy about all the codes I'm seeing.

Thanks!!!

Member #
    Yes, I had the same codes failing. I guess they are linked to the changes made by the file?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by koziakauzu View Post
    Yes, I had the same codes failing. I guess they are linked to the changes made by the file?
    Yes, they're directly related i'm sure. If you weren't throwing any CELs before the flash, that's certainly it. My major concern was because someone had previously posted they received no FAILS when they flashed with this newer tune file. At least I know someone else is getting the same codes as me. We'll see if anyone else has any insight. Most of these codes don't sound very troubling to me. Maybe just the throttle modulation control one.

Your bike is running well after the flash though? No issues?

Member #
    The diagnostics mode didn't detect some of the codes as I had the CEL right after flashing then I went back and made sure to untick these 3 (mentioned earlier in the thread)

P062F: EEPROM fault code number: an error is detected while reading or writing on EEPROM
    P0606: Internal malfunction in ECU
    P1400: Air induction system solenoid: open or short circuit detected

I forgot but 1 or 2 of these 3 weren't detected (on top of those you listed) by the FTecu software and after that the CEL was gone.

The bike is riding very fine yes, used it to commute today.
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ted46 View Post
    Yes, they're directly related i'm sure. If you weren't throwing any CELs before the flash, that's certainly it. My major concern was because someone had previously posted they received no FAILS when they flashed with this newer tune file. At least I know someone else is getting the same codes as me. We'll see if anyone else has any insight. Most of these codes don't sound very troubling to me. Maybe just the throttle modulation control one.

Your bike is running well after the flash though? No issues?

Sent from my SM-G935K

Member #
    I see, Interesting.

I thought another user had stated that those codes (P0606: Internal malfunction in ECU & P1400: Air induction system solenoid: open or short circuit detected) were only present with the old version of the tune file. I'll have to take my ECU out again and uncheck those as well. Thanks for the heads up. Glad to hear it's running well!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Sponsored Links