New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust

This is a discussion on New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust within the XSR900 Builds forums, part of the Yamaha XSR900 Cafe Racer Forum category; Good write up. Thanks Jake....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: New FTecu flash tune file for full exhaust

Member #
    Good write up. Thanks Jake.

Member #
    great thanks for the continuous update.
    The shop I contacted in my area, which has the license to flash told me actually to wait about 2 weeks. He said that right now they working on getting rid off the engine light issue. Good to know that you actually do not have to completely remove the tank as I was planing to take my bike there and remove the ECU right at the shop (so I also can see if the engine light issue is really solved....)
    I love my Akra, but really want to get rid off some of the popping. Also I hope it will at least smoothen out the throttle response, which is an known issue on all the Yamaha triples, a bit!!!
    Any test flights yet?
    JakeFromStateFarm likes this.

Member #
    thank you so much Jake!
    Did you also install the Graves block off plates? Did the popping change now with the AIS valves permanently closed, which I believe is part of the flash
    Morten likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member JakeFromStateFarm's Avatar
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook's Wrath View Post
    thank you so much Jake!
    Did you also install the Graves block off plates? Did the popping change now with the AIS valves permanently closed, which I believe is part of the flash
    I hated the excessive popping after installing the exhaust, so I used the bench flash kit to disable AIS a few weeks ago, but I was still getting minor popping on hard decel around 4.5k (which I didn't mind), and also a single pop occasionally on hard acelleration when shifting at about 7k (which I thought sounded pretty sexy). But I did install the block off plates last night and now there's no popping in either of those scenarios.
    Nanook's Wrath and Morten like this.

Member #
    again thanks for your really detailed report!
    I think based on what you saying I will go with the FT ECU flash. As for the plates - I will decide later, when I get my hand on some here in Canada as I am with you - some popping at the scenarios you mentioned I do not mind

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook's Wrath View Post
    again thanks for your really detailed report!
    I think based on what you saying I will go with the FT ECU flash. As for the plates - I will decide later, when I get my hand on some here in Canada as I am with you - some popping at the scenarios you mentioned I do not mind
    Cool! Definitely report back your impressions after you flash it. As for the block off plates, yeah I think they're completely optional if you have a flash. It was kind of a pain to get in there and unbolt the stock ones. The whole process took about an hour longer than I wanted to, but it was my first time taking the tank and the airbox completely off, so there was some "time investment" in learning.
    Nanook's Wrath, Perka and Morten like this.

Member #
    How'd it go with the warning light? If you got the codes zeroed out then I'm definitely ordering the unit.

I live in Finland and don't feel comfortable sending away my ECU all the way to US. Would suck very bad to loose it, also if I'd pay for express shipping the price would end up being the same as for the FTecu unit.

FT pages say that flashing enables the use of ECU based quicksihfters, any ideas on which product this means? Is there on that would fit the XSR. Really looking forward to getting a quickshifter.
    Perka and Morten like this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredde_V View Post
    How'd it go with the warning light? If you got the codes zeroed out then I'm definitely ordering the unit.

I live in Finland and don't feel comfortable sending away my ECU all the way to US. Would suck very bad to loose it, also if I'd pay for express shipping the price would end up being the same as for the FTecu unit.

FT pages say that flashing enables the use of ECU based quicksihfters, any ideas on which product this means? Is there on that would fit the XSR. Really looking forward to getting a quickshifter.
    The cable they sent me didn't work. The scanner couldn't identify the protocol of the ecu so it couldn't connect to it. I've sent a message to them and I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes.

Someone else on this thread said that FTecu was working on the fault code issue with our bike and should have it fixed in a few weeks.

I know there are some quickshifter kits on their website, but in the software, there is no option for enabling a quickshifter, so I don't think it's supported on our bike yet. You'd have to talk to them to find out for sure.

Member #
    And one more quick update on the Graves file I'm using: Last night I rode with a passenger on A mode and DIDN'T buck her off the back of the bike. AMAZING
    raydeightor and Morten like this.

Member #
    So what settings are available? Any throttle tuning?
    If you have the time, can you take some screenshots of the settings we can do?
    In advance, thanks!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links