A few of Kevxtx mods - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha FZ-09 Forum

A few of Kevxtx mods

This is a discussion on A few of Kevxtx mods within the FZ-09 Builds forums, part of the Yamaha FZ-09 Forums category; Nice picture of the damper install detail that will help me when I do mine. Thanks!...

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: A few of Kevxtx mods

Member #
    Nice picture of the damper install detail that will help me when I do mine. Thanks!
    Orange '14 FZ09: zx10 shock, Andreani cartridges, El cheapo steering damper w/ home-made bracket, T-rex full set sliders, front and rear light modulators, Madstad 18" windscreen, O2 Controller, Yamaha reflash.
    Previous: '78 Honda Hawk 400, '70 350 cc HD Sprint

Member #
    Man. I gotta ask, how much $ invested in the titanium hardware alone. Geez louise

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgr88 View Post
    Man. I gotta ask, how much $ invested in the titanium hardware alone. Geez louise
    Just under Australian $1500.00, I normally change every bolt on my new bikes & move them from bike to bike, but getting 2 new bikes last year I had to do another complete bolt & nut set for the 09.
    Last edited by kevxtx; 04-20-2015 at 05:19 AM.
    2016 MT09: 0.95 Sonic springs, Andreani Cartridges , 5w oil @ 420mm oil volume, ZX10r rear shock. PCV with A/T300 + POD- 300 data logger, DynoJet Quickshifter, 2nd welded in wide band sensor in STD + my O2 controller, Shorty levers, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, kevxtx steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere: Akra Carbon sitting on the bench. Magura Hydraulic clutch. Do all my own Re-flashes for all MT's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FZ09.com
    Advertisements

Foz
    Member #
    A nice right up Kev. Thanks for taking the time to put it all in the one place. The hydraulic clutch looks swish as
    2013 racing orange MT09, Yamaha fly screen, Yamaha radaitor side covers, Akro Titanium exhaust OES case sliders, Speigler front and rear brake lines, zx10 rear shock, Kevs o2 controller, home made radaitor cover

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    No worries, I still have a few more mods to post up.
    Itaride likes this.
    2016 MT09: 0.95 Sonic springs, Andreani Cartridges , 5w oil @ 420mm oil volume, ZX10r rear shock. PCV with A/T300 + POD- 300 data logger, DynoJet Quickshifter, 2nd welded in wide band sensor in STD + my O2 controller, Shorty levers, Protaper bars, Lithium iron battery, kevxtx steering damper, Titanium bolts & nuts everywhere: Akra Carbon sitting on the bench. Magura Hydraulic clutch. Do all my own Re-flashes for all MT's.

Member #
    Thank you for the great write up.

A few of us, have opened the plastic cover at the front of the tank, to drawn in "fresh air" as opposed to warm intake air, from above the engine/under the tank.

If you don't care for the change, the replacement part is inexpensive.

Member #
    Kev, great post ! Question for you : what did you make the andreani spacers out of and is it a must do ? I also want to keep my sonic springs in place.

Sent from far outer space
    2014 Aprilia RSV4 APRC R
    Past bikes - 2014 FZ-09 Blazing Orange, '91 KDX 250, '83 XL 125, 75 CR 250
    Mods -- Ohlins Shock, Andreani Cartridges, Vcyclenut ECU Flash w/no limit, Kev's O2 controller, IXIL LX3 full exhaust, OES Sliders, CustomLED tail light, Spiegler brake lines, Ram X mount, Graves Fender Eliminator, Graves block off plates, Stoltec Brake Reservoir relocation, Pro-Taper Carmichael, Triage Led Headlight, Targa LED plate light, Mad Hornet Levers, Puig Touring screen, Barracuda Viper signals, Nelson-Rigg tail bag, Go-Pro 3+ & 4
    Wish List – Stainless brake lines, Radial Caliper, Woodcraft Clipon plate, and engine covers

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Member #
    The spacers were machined out of black Delrin which is oil resistant, as I also wanted to keep my spring rate like you, Andreani could not supply a spring rate over 88.

Member #
    Thanks Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevxtx View Post
    The spacers were machined out of black Delrin which is oil resistant, as I also wanted to keep my spring rate like you, Andreani could not supply a spring rate over 88.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4 APRC R
    Past bikes - 2014 FZ-09 Blazing Orange, '91 KDX 250, '83 XL 125, 75 CR 250
    Mods -- Ohlins Shock, Andreani Cartridges, Vcyclenut ECU Flash w/no limit, Kev's O2 controller, IXIL LX3 full exhaust, OES Sliders, CustomLED tail light, Spiegler brake lines, Ram X mount, Graves Fender Eliminator, Graves block off plates, Stoltec Brake Reservoir relocation, Pro-Taper Carmichael, Triage Led Headlight, Targa LED plate light, Mad Hornet Levers, Puig Touring screen, Barracuda Viper signals, Nelson-Rigg tail bag, Go-Pro 3+ & 4
    Wish List – Stainless brake lines, Radial Caliper, Woodcraft Clipon plate, and engine covers

Member #
    Great stuff and mods Kev,
    as you know ive done most and more to mine.
    You have been a great help to various people over the years with loads of different bikes.
    Keep up the great work mate.
    Any news on other wheel fitments and the 5/6th gear eliminator

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links